Prasanta Biswas comes from Kolkata, India and was born in 1972. He has contributed a freelance travel photojournalist at Sananda magazine, (ABP Group), freelanced with the Times of India (Calcutta Edition) and at present he is contributing with Jetwings, Air Deccan and Discover India In-flight Magazines and Drik India. He was previously a member of the Photographic Association of Bengal (PAB)
Prasanta’s projects have included the following: Project on women labourers in India, Water-Life of Sundarban people, Ganga water pollution, child labour, Uranium disaster at Jadugora and the Chinese community in Kolkata.
Prasanta Biswas’s Noteworthy Photographic Achievements:
- 1999 Nikon World Photo Contest, Honorable Mention
- 2000 Canon Asia Pacific Photo Competition Award, Honourable Mention 2000
- All India fine art's & craft society's Fellowship Award in 2000-2001.
- 2001-2002 UNESCO Photo contest Award, Special Award
- 1st Position Award given by the Freelance Press Club (Calcutta)
- 2007 1st Awarded by the UNESCO world wide water photo compitetion-2007.
- National Awarded by the government of India-2007
- Certificate of Merit Award by the United Nations Environment Programme(UNEP).
- 2nd Awarded by the Popular Magazine(NY) worldwide photo contest.