Jashim Salam, born 1978 in Chaktai, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
A masters graduate in English, he is now working as a documentary photographer for DrikNEWS international news photo agency.
His awards and achievements include:
- Jury ’s Special Awards in 6th Humanity Photo Awards 2009 Contest, which is jointly sponsored by the China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA), the Guangzhou Asian Games Organizing Committee (GAGOC) and the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Awards in 69th International Photographic Salon of Japan (Asahi Shimbun) held in 2008, organized by THE ALL-JAPAN ASSOCIATION OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCITIES (AJAPS).
- 1st prize at professional category in CEDAW photo contest organized by United Nation, Thailand, 2009.
- Honorable mention in Legatum Center Photo contest USA,2009.
- Special award in People and Planet photo contest 2009 in Australia.
- Finalist of the Europe and Asia - dialogue of cultures Photo Contest 2009 in Russia.
- “Honorable Mention” in photo contest ”Fighting corruption a collective responsibility” organized by UNDP and DRIK Dhaka in December 2007.
- 3rd prize in photo contest “working people developing country” Organized by Maati Imaging Bangladesh in Dhaka May 2009.
- 2nd prize in “Ummid” Photo contest organized by Al Falah Bangladesh in Dhaka, May 2010.
- International Year Of Biodiversity Award,June 2010.
His photographs have been published in:
- ‘Unseen Asia’ category of The Reader’s Digest Asia, September 2007.
- Better Photography magazine, June and July 2008.
- Photo story “Towards Last Prayer” published in Better Photography magazine, August 2008.
- “The Climate Crisis” a guide to climate change in 2010.
His photographs have been exhibited in Bangladesh, China, Japan, Thailand, Russia and USA.
He has participated in the following exhibitions:
- “Dekhiachi Bangla’r Mukh” organized by Bishaud Bangla.
- ‘Lifescape’ organized by Alliance Francaise Chittagong in July2007.
- “World Photography Day” organized by Center For Photography & Visual Arts Chittagong in August 2007.
- ’Historical Sites of Bangladesh’ organized by Maati Imaging Bangladesh, Dhaka in November 2007.
- ”Fighting corruption a collective responsibility” organized by UNDP and DRIK Dhaka in December 2007.
- Poet Shomudra Gupta aid Exhibition at fine art institute Dhaka in May 2008.
- “Climate Change” organized by FK (Norway) Bangladesh DRIK Dhaka in June 2008.
- Exhibition organized by Porjoton Corporation Bangladesh at National Art gallery in July 2008.
- “Celebrating Life” organized by The Daily Star in August 2008.
- “Ocean in Focus” organized by SAFE Bangladesh on world ocean day in June 2009.
- “Security in Dhaka” organized by Deutsche Geselleschaft fur Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) in June 2009.
- World Biodiversity photo exhibition at “Australian High Commission” in Dhaka, May 2010.
- “Ummid” Photo Exhibition at Alliance Francaise de Dhaka ,May 2010.